top of page

Match Report | Redcar Athletic (A)

Updated: Oct 14, 2023

A 101st-minute equaliser from the home side robbed Town of their first win of the season.

Both sides hadn't started their seasons as they would have intended and the Friday night game was a chance to kick on for both teams.

First Half

Town started the game much better than last time out in a half which was fairly even between the two sides.

Dale Hopson had an effort over the bar before Redcar captain, Adam Wheatley headed wide from a corner.

Better chances would arrive at the half-way stage in the half with Hopson seeing his effort from inside the area go wide of the post, before Sonni Coleman also fired wide for the hosts.

The dangerous long throws from Redcar led to the opening goal. Liam O'Sullivan would eventually fire the ball home after his long throw was only half-cleared and the ball back in managed to find it's way towards the left-back who fired past Kieran Hunter.

Town were looking to try and grab the all important equaliser before the break but unfortunately couldn't quite find the opportunity.

HT - Redcar Athletic 1 - 0 Northallerton Town

Second Half

Town came in the second half looking to make amends, finding success in behind the Redcar defence and it almost fell to Scott Ryan but credit to Boro-loanee Nathan Fisher as he was off his line quickly and he smothered the ball to deny the chance.

A multitude of subs came and went for both sides, with attacking options added.

Redcar would hit the crossbar on the hour mark via an Adam Wheatley header before Northallerton would go on to apply some sustained attacking pressure.

Luke Hogan would draw a good save from Nathan Fisher, before winning a penalty for Town minutes later.

Dale Hopson duly dispatched the spot kick and Town were back on level terms. The momentum had shifted following the goal.

Hogan would be instrumental again as he played through McKenzie Dicicco to open his account for the club as he fired past Fisher to give Northallerton the lead.

Kieran Hunter would be called into a quality save in what should have been the dying minutes of the game to keep the lead alive.

The officials originally indicated for 7 minutes of added time. However on the cusp of the 102nd minute of the game, Matthew Tymon bundled home an equaliser to steal a point.

FT - Redcar Athletic 2 - 2 Northallerton Town

Redcar Athletic

Fisher, McNeill, O'Sullivan, Kenney, Guru, Wheatley (C), Conway (Fletcher 78'), Boyle, Coleman (Tymon 62'), Sayer (Owens 78'), Walker (Watts 62')

Subs not used: Hall

Goals: O'Sullivan (37'), Tymon (90+11')

Northallerton Town

Hunter, Chidanyika, Cocks (Banks 74'), Scott, Flounders, Connor, Dicicco, Davis (Jackson 65'), Hutchinson (Roberts 50'), Hopson (C), Ryan (Hogan 60')

Subs not used: Fairless

Goals: Hopson (76' pen), Dicicco (81')

196 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page